Halloween Vegan Cupcake Recipe

October 11, 2017































 Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts and they're so easy to make! I'm not vegan but I try not to eat dairy products as much as I can. It's easy to substitute ingredients for other things, for example I use bananas for eggs- to me it adds more flavor. I use almond milk instead of cows milk and vegan butter.  You can substitute whatever you want, its really up to you. 
The cake mix I used is gluten free. You can use any cake mix you want and whatever ingredients it calls for, either follow it exactly or substitute.

So for this recipe you can do the same or try making vegan cupcakes :) 

Ingredients:

Cake Mix- King Arthur Flour yellow cake mix (I bought from target)

Non-Vegan:

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened 
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2/3 milk
Vegan:
  • 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Miyoko's from Trader Joe's 
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil (I used olive oil from Trader Joe's... too lazy to go buy vegetable oil)
  • 2 large ripe bananas 
  • 2/3 almond milk (I used the vanilla flavored also from Trader Joe's) 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, if you don't have one, a mixing bowl and either the hand held electronic mixer or what I did before I had a mixer was use a spatula and mix it by hand... not fun
3. Cut up the bananas into small pieces and mash them in a bowl
4. Add all the ingredients into the bowl.. I know there is a specific order but I never follow it 
5. Place the batter into the cupcake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes (I baked them for 22 min.) 

Once they're finished, wait 15 minutes for them to cool off before applying frosting (I'm inpatient and stick them in the freezer for a couple minutes) 

I've tried making my own frosting before and it was a lot of work and did not come out good, so I just buy it. I used Vanilla frosting from target and added food coloring to make it orange. 

Decorate them however you like :)




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Book Mumbai to Goa Cabs. Online Car Rental from Mumbai to Goa and get Best Deals on your cab booking. Hire taxi for full day from
    mumbai to goa taxi service

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe