Montmartre and Palais Garnier

September 25, 2017











































One of my favorite days was when we went to Palais Garnier and wandered around Montmartre. 

Phantom of the Opera is my favorite musical, so getting to see the opera house was unreal. Walking through, I was signing all the songs in my head and also imagining myself in the early 90s arriving in a beautiful gown and walking up the beautiful staircase up to my box… lol I know I’m weird. It's crazy to think that such a grand, and detailed building existed back then and how they were able to build it... and the painted ceiling by Chagall, WOW! That’s all I can say. When we first walked into the room, it was dark because they were testing different colors on the stage. After taking a million pictures and admiring the stunning ceiling, we left and walked around the hall and saw that another door was open. We went in to have another perspective of the ceiling and they turned the lights back on!! We were so happy we did this because it's a million times better with the lights on. 

 After this we walked around Montmartre. When I think of Paris, I envision small cobblestone streets with tons of cafes and markets, and Montmartre is exactly that. We saw a big cloud coming and knew it was going to rain soon, so we chose a cute little cafe to eat out and hang out to pass the storm, I'm so happy we did! It started to pour cats and dogs... and then it started hailing, yes, hailing!! I couldn’t believe it At this point everyone that was on the street were crammed under the overhangs to avoid being drenched, but life still went on. I love that even when its pouring, people still sit outside and enjoy there coffee, wine, and croissant. I don’t know why I loved that so much but I think it goes with the Parisian carefree lifestyle- which I really like, I mean it is hard when you are in a rush and want to grab some food really quick, so maybe a happy medium between ours and there’s would be ideal. 

Anyways, once it cleared up we continued to walk around. We decided not to use our map to get to the Sacre Coeur and enjoy the walk. I'm happy we did this because we stumbled across the cutest streets and found some really fun stores. We love old antique posters and we found a bunch at this little store. I could’ve bought every single one but we don’t have any more wall space in our apartment so we had to narrow it done to one. 

 Next time we go to Paris, I definitely want to spend more time in Montmartre and see a burlesque show ;) 

 xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe