Thanksgiving in Sedona

December 13, 2016


This year my family and I spent Thanksgiving in Sedona, where my grandma lives. When I was younger we would visit for Christmas every other year, but now that we're older it's difficult for everyone to get the time off. When my mom brought up the idea of going, I was so excited!!! I love spending time with my grandma and I love visiting Sedona, especially during the fall.

My grandmas house has an amazing view of the red rocks from her dining room, where I spend most of my time. You feel like you're at a resort. One afternoon, I sat curled up on the couch, next to the fireplace with a cocktail, online shopping... I mean it doesn't get much better than that.

Sedona is small, but there is a lot to do. They have a lot of art galleries, shops, and restaurants. They  have jeep tours and helicopter tours. There is also a lot of hiking trails. There is a short, 2 mile trail, walking distance from my grandmas house that I always go on when I visit. She is also walking distance from a chapel that sits on top of chapel rock with breathtaking views of Sedona (where most of the pictures are taken).

I'm so lucky that my grandma lives in such a beautiful city. It's the perfect place to visit when you want to relax and escape from reality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe